Where to eat, from casual to formal, Mexican to pizza and even farm to table. We recommend you call ahead to see if operating and/or open for take out. Some menus are at the cabin, but use links for more current and up to date info:
ROCHESTER (15 minutes):
- Maple Soul DELICIOUS farm to table and now dining in (as well as still doing curbside take out). Masks are required until seated and reservations are recommended. Menu is updated daily either HERE or on Facebook daily. For takeout, call to order and then pay from car in lot. CLOSED: Sunday/Monday/Tuesday (802) 967-8064
- Doc’s Tavern/Huntington House (Pub w/great beer/food) Open for patio dining and/or take out, Thursday to Sunday 6-8PM: (802) 767-9140
- Sandy’s Bookstore and Bakery, Rt. 100 (Great baked goods, coffee, etc.) Pizza on Sundays 4-8 PM with porch pick-up. Friday 12-4 porch pick-up bagels and goodies. Check FB for menu and call ahead (preferably call Thursday for Friday bagels): 767-4258 (Opens at 7:30am)
- Rochester Cafe, Rt. 100, Rochester. Classic breakfasts/lunches now available for indoor dining Saturday and Sunday, but call ahead (802) 767-4302 for reservations! Also available for takeout Thursday thru Sunday 7-3. You can order online, too.
WARREN (20 minutes):
- The Pitcher Inn, Warren center (Very fancy and GREAT food, but pricey. Special occasions!) Closed until May 8, 2020
- We prefer “Tracks” downstairs at The Pitcher Inn, but kid friendly with games and lodge feel. (Reservations recommended.) Currently closed due to COVID-19.
- The Warren Store, Warren center (Great sandwiches, candy, beers, etc. and fun to visit.)
WAITSFIELD (25 minutes):
- Peasant, 40 Bridge St. (GREAT food, classy, yet casual. Reservations recommended.) Call ahead 496-6856 and order between noon-6 pm for same day curbside pick-up Thursday-Sunday, 4-8. CLOSED: Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday.
- American Flatbread Pizza, Rt 100 Open: Thurs – Sun 5:00 to 9:30 Some of the BEST PIZZA on the planet! Call ahead to order and prepay for takeout (Orders taken at 4 pm) 496-8856 CLOSED: Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday
- The Big Picture, Rt 100 (Movie theater and restaurant.) Call 496-8994 for takeout.
- Local Folk Smokehouse (Very casual and great for meat lovers!)
- The Timbers, Sugarbush base (Fancy/casual, nice setting)
- Mad Taco, near Mehurons (Very casual Mexican, but fun and delicious!!!) Call for takeout, but CALL EARLY! 496-3832
- Blue Stone 5351Main St., (Casual and new kid on the block. Great pizza and pub style food and beer. Lots of TV’s and great for sports.)
- Worthy Burger Too 114 Mad River Green, Waitsfield OPEN FOR TAKE OUT AND CURBSIDE PICK-UP 496-2575 (New branch of the reknowned Vermont burger maker with some great beers on tap.) CLOSED: Sunday/Monday/Tuesday
- Sage 8 VT Rt. 17, Waitsfield (Brand new Mediterranean style restaurant) CLOSED: Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Toast and Eggs 4752 Main St., Waitsfield (Newcomer serving breakfast, brunch and lunch… looks tasty!!)
A little further away (45 mins), but a few places worth the trip:
- Hen of the Wood 92 Stowe St., Waterbury (Often cited as Vermont’s best restaurant and one of our all time favorites! Reservations recommended.) CLOSED: Sunday/Monday
- The Blackback Pub 1 Stowe St. (but enter from Main St.), Waterbury (Great English style cozy pub… with great food and 22 beers) CLOSED: Mondays
- Prohibition Pig 23 South Main Street, Waterbury (Upscale brewery and great food).
- Bobcat cafe 5 Main St., Bristol (Good brewery, but great restaurant. Dinner reservations required!)
- Red Clover Inn 7 Woodword Rd., Menden, Vermont (Very well regarded, reservations suggested.) CLOSED: Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- The Red Hen Bakery 961 US Rt. 2, Middlesex, VT (Some great baked goods, but our favorites are the potato bread (Sundays and Tuesdays) and the Maple Glazed Sticky Bun… $4.50, but worth it!)
- The Backroom Pittsfield (802) 770-4357 (Supper club style, but very fun, delicious and amazing. You can go on waiting list, but should book at midnight, 30 days before). Can only make reservation 30 days in advance, no more. Book at midnight to be sure to get seats!)
- Worthy Burger 56 Rainbow St., South Royalton (Good grass fed burgers and great beers on tap… fun pub for lunch or dinner.) CLOSED: Tuesdays
Article: Five best restaurants in Vermont? (NOTE: Common Man is closed and there is now a Worthy Burger in Waitsfield.)